Auction rules are as follows:
- Online auctions will typically run for the period of seven (7) days, usually starting on a Wednesday at 00:00 and ending at 07:00 the following Tuesday. Each auction exact dates will be specified on the Auction It list. Please check this or ask one of our team if you’re unsure.
- Please note that all goods are sold as is (voets toots) without warranties or guarantees
- Bidders are encouraged to come inspect the goods before bidding. If a bidder does not view the items and places a bid, they shall be deemed to have inspected and familiarised him or herself with the goods for which he/she bids.
- Viewing dates for the auctions are specified on our advertising and lot lists. Viewing takes place from Mondays till Fridays from 08:30 till 16:30.
- Registration deposit is P2, 000.00 for furniture an P10,000.00 for vehicles and is refundable after auction if not a winning bidder.
- To be added onto and participate in the online auction, please deposit the registration fee to the bank account stated below and email to email@example.com or WhatsApp to the following numbers: 77833499 and 77833498.
- Once the invoice is paid in full, the proof of payment is to be presented at the Auction It reception or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and a receipt will be issued that will be used for collection.
- If the full bid amount is not paid within the stipulated time, then the registration deposit will be forfeited in its entirety.
- Bids must be higher than the starting price as well as higher than the previous bidder
- Payment of select items and not the entire invoice will result in a forfeit of the deposit.
- Winning bidders will be given two days to pay & collect items from the warehouse, failing which P20 will be charged per item per day until collection. When the accumulation of this charge is equivalent to the bid price, the said items will be sold to defray the storage expenses and hence the winning bidder will have forfeited the goods. Any collection costs are to be borne by the bidder.
- Collection of items is at the Auction It warehouse in Gaborone West Industrial Plot 22030 (Next to Bokomo) or specified collection location. Collection time closes at 4:30pm. Any collection after this time will be charged at P100 per load.
- Any queries or questions will be addressed or handled during office hours. Any messages left on Facebook or Whatsapp after office hours will be addressed during office hours.
For any questions please contact the following:
Joseph on 77833496 or Nkamo on 77833499
Bank Name: First National Bank Botswana
Account Name: Auction It
Account No.: 62813760536
Branch Name: Corporate Banking
Branch Code: 282267
Reference: Customer Name & ID Number.
- All bid amounts will be charged 10% commission + 14% VAT.
- Edited bid amounts will not be accepted, and will be removed from the auction and their deposit will be forfeited.
- Any bidder that deletes their bid will be removed from the auction and will forfeit their deposit.
- Auction It will not be responsible for any bidding errors
- The websites countdown time determines the final winning bidder.
- Auction results will be compiled on the day of the auction closing and invoices will be sent out on the following day.
- Refunds of deposits by unsuccessful bidders will be processed after four (4) working days.